Consider the following. As teachers and leaders, our voices are our most significant asset. Don’t mute that talent.
* Vocal qualities. VOICE IS YOUR MAJOR WORKING TOOL
* Speech flow, including pitch, rhythm and speed.
* ‘Ah’s’, ‘um’s’, ‘er’s’, ‘aw’s’, and other speech fillers.
* Recognising and using punctuation.
* PRONUNCIATION and word usage
* A CONVERSATIONAL VOICE is engaging. A listening audience is reassured to hear program presenters speaking in a relaxed manner. Many listeners are working through the hassles of the day. A calm and relaxed manner coming at them over the airwaves is relaxing and reassuring.
* USING PAUSE, allowing your audience time to digest and reflect on what you have said.
* PROJECTION and outreach, avoiding ear burst and fade-out, which imposes ear strain.