* Reflect on personal issues, not on others outside the scope of one’s personal domain. Reflect for self, not on others.
* Look inward and think; don’t look outward to apportion blame onto others.
* Be malleable and persuadable, but don’t be weak-kneed and vacillating.
* Debate issues, not people.
* Consider the message, not the messenger.
* Consider the potential for backlash when constructing emails.
* Make sure that writing is focussed.
* Don’t drink alcohol when working on key issues involving personnel and organisations.
* Work to ensure that the heart and soul of the organisation is THE number one priority and focus.