I thank Adam Drake, founder of Balanced Choice for sharing the following pointers about overcoming the fear of public speaking.
ADAM AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
1. The idea of doing it at the start is so scary
2. Be prepared to fall many times but use the falls as wonderful learning
3. Never think you have it all mastered because the next wave or audience will smack you.
4. Be in the moment and read your wave and the room.
5. Don’t get stuck in your head, find a flow.
6. Don’t rush, this is your chance to enjoy yourself and the chance to build an amazing connection
7. Look around, enjoy it and be grateful always
8. Express yourself, dance on the wave or dance with your words.
9. Remember you are a very small part of a much bigger thing.
10. Smile, laugh, be in awe of all the emotions you will encounter.