GONSKI or no Gonski, the following should be necessary and scripted learning directions.
[* They need to start early in school life.]
* The teaching of LISTENING skills.
* The development eye contact.
* The development of manners, deportment, politeness, respect.
* The focus on looking after goods and personal possessions.
* Focus on speaking skills and the correct enunciation of words.
* Teaching times tables by rote.
* Teaching children the rudiments of handwriting including legibility.
* “How to hold a writing tool skilfully and comfortably”.
* Focus on respect for others and for self.
* Teaching and practising rthe importance of silence.
* Focus on correct word usage, not banalities and profanities.
I could go on.
The guts and the essence of character development, Gonski or no Gonski should happen and be prescriptive.
That may be hard when a lot of newer teachers who have not had the benefit of this teaching as students, find what I have written to be totally foreign.
Gonski or no Gonski, education is ever progressing south into theunderside of mediocrity.