UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE GOING (7) Essential Living Tools
These items might sound like a trite listing, but without them (and if they are not available for local purchase) life can become a lot harder. ‘Making do’ is not the answer.
Consider purchasing and taking items including the following when going to a distant or remote teaching appointment.
- nail clippers,
- hair cutting scissors,
- sufficient comfortable clothing (serviceable and practical without being over the top fashion wear or ragged, torn and stained clothing),
- a good supply of underwear,
- insect repellent,
- shower accessories,
- items relating to personal hygiene,
- other personal essentials sufficient to meet basic needs.
- These will tide new staff over until they are able to ascertain the local availability of these and other essentials.
- Footwear, with a strong recommendation on practical, sturdy and protective shoes or light boots.
Don’t wear thongs to work as a teacher.
The standards teachers set is a part of the way in which they will be appreciated and respected by the community.