EYE CONTACT IS SO IMPORTANT FOR SPEAKERS
The eyes are the most important organs of gesture. They can reflect countless moods and signal everything from willing acceptance to absolute rejection. Some important reminders for those presenting to an audience.
* Look at people. Don’t look over them, under them or around them.
* Engage people individually and collectively through eye contact. Rest on individuals and cover the audience.
* Make your eyes friendly, encouraging and inviting.
* Avoid flat or hostile eyes.
* Eyes are the most important parts of the anatomy when it comes to gesture.