This is a significant story absolutely confirming a belief I have held for the best part of two decades about the leadership ability of women. My perceptions of women as leaders include the
- Women are all seeing, all knowing and able to join in fifteen conversations at once.
- Women are aware: They have 360 degree vision.
- Women have clear goal orientation and crystal-like focus.
- Women cut to the chase and don’t dither around the edges of issues.
- Women are careful synthesisers and succinct summarisers of situations.
- Women are adept at timetabling and planning; they are meticulous plan followers.
- Women have awareness.
- Women show empathy to those who are under the pump.
- Women excel in engaging others in planning and organisation.
- Women have excellent leadership and participative perspective. They are both on the organisational balcony with all-encompassing vision and on the dance floor with and among those engaged with endeavour.
- Women make an extraordinary contribution in going forward.
- Women contribute proactively to staff endeavour and leadership balance within organisations and systems.
Thank you for the great job you do and the powerful contribution you all make.